Missy

Default Formula Help

I am trying to compare data in spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 3 and return the
value in spreadsheet 3, what is the easiest way to do this?
letto115

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but a vlookup formula might
work. That formula allows you to compare data in one spreadsheet to another
and to enter into the cell the value from another cell. For instance, If I
had phone numbers in one spreadsheet and in another spreadsheet I had names
and phones numbers (in 2 colunms) I could use the vlookup formula in my first
spreadsheet in order to pull the names from my second into the first.

"Missy" wrote:

I am trying to compare data in spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 3 and return the
value in spreadsheet 3, what is the easiest way to do this?

Missy

I have two spreadsheets A and B, I want to say compare Spreadsheet A column
F:F to Spreadsheet B column E:E, if they match return the value in
Spreadsheet C.

Or if values match return value in Spreadsheet A column I in Spreadsheet C.
I also have a spreadsheet that has hundreds of rows and some rows contain
duplicate information. I have tried to do a advanced auto filter but not all
my info is carried over, what is the best way to sort this? vlookup and pull
into another spreadsheet?

=VLOOKUP('120 Day '!E:E,'45 Day '!D:D,I9,FALSE) - Gives me #REF!
=VLOOKUP('120 Day '!F2,'45 Day '!E2,'45 Day '!I2,FALSE) - gives me #N/A

"Missy" wrote:

I am trying to compare data in spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 3 and return the
value in spreadsheet 3, what is the easiest way to do this?

letto115

For that I would use an if formula

=if(F1=E1, E1, 0)

or something like that with the name of the worksheets of course. That
answers the first paragraph. I don't understand what you are trying to do in
your second paragraph.