Overworked&Underpaid

Default Totalling Criteria from Muliple Worksheets

I have monthly worksheets that use drop down boxes to pick criteria from
lists. The linked cell outputs a number based on what the chosen criteria was
in the drop down box. Currently I use this outputted number on a summary
sheet with a COUNTIF formula ie COUNTIF(Sept!$R$3:$R$200,2) to summarize
monthly info. I would like to generate yearly info instead without having to
generate monthly totals first. Is there a formula that can use both ranges -
Jan:Dec and $R$3:$R$200 - with the criteria of the linked cell ie. 2?
Domenic

If you format your sheet names to three letters, for example Jan, Feb,
Mar, etc., you can use the following formula...

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(2005,ROW(IN DIRECT("1:12")),1),"mmm
")&"!R3:R200"),2))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(2005,ROW(IN DIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),1),"
mmm")&"!R3:R200"),2))

....where A1 contains your starting month number, such as 1 for Jan, and
B1 contains your ending month number, such as 9 for Sep. Alternatively,
you can use the following formula...

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&$C$1:$C$12&"'!R3: R200"),2))

....where C1:C12 contains your sheet names.

Hope this helps!

In article ,