Marlis

Default lock text box to cell

I created a text box through the control toolbox. I want to lock it to a
cell, so that I can create a macro which saves the invoices in another folder.
Rowan

Not sure about saving invoices to another folder but in design mode, right
click the textbox, select properties and enter the releveant cell address (eg
F2) in the LinkedCell field.

Hope this helps
Rowan

"Marlis" wrote:

I created a text box through the control toolbox. I want to lock it to a
cell, so that I can create a macro which saves the invoices in another folder.

Rowan

In the properties window select the Categorized tab. Near the top you will
find all the properties which alter the Appearance of the textbox. I would
probably start by changing the SpecialEffect to Flat.

Regards
Rowan

"Marlis" wrote:

I created a text box through the control toolbox. I want to lock it to a
cell, so that I can create a macro which saves the invoices in another folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rowan,

I was browsing through the discussion list and thought of requesting for
some assistance. the number of characters (letters, numbers, signs - they are
all mixed) in a merged cell containers about may be 1000 or more. this merged
cell is linked to a general text box in another sheet. However all contents
of the merged cell does not appear in the linked text box. I have tried
resizing the text box but all text does not appear. As if a half or quarter
of the text is cut.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--