Corey

Default Excel 2003 Favorites

Hello. I'm new to Excel 2003 and previously always used the Favorites folder
for quick access to frequently viewed folders. I use to be able to click the
'Open Files' button in Excel, select any file desired, then go to Tools and
"Add to Favorites". It would then be in my Favorites folder for quick access.
Now it says "Add to My Places". This is not nearly as good as it clutters the
'Look In' section with individual folders for each shortcut. Instead I have
to now go to Windows Explorer and add it to my favorites for it to work like
it use to. Is there a way to do it without leaving Excel? Thanks in advance!

Dave Peterson

How about just creating a folder and putting shortcuts to all your favorite
folders in that folder.

Then you could add this "master" folder to the "my places" side bar.

--

Dave Peterson
Corey

Is this really different than using the 'Favorites' folder? I already have it
in my 'Look In' bar. Only problem is the cumbersome process in Excel 2003 to
get files in there. My shortcuts change every three months. Will your
suggestion eliminate me having to leave Excel to get them in there?

Corey wrote:

Hello. I'm new to Excel 2003 and previously always used the Favorites folder
for quick access to frequently viewed folders. I use to be able to click the
'Open Files' button in Excel, select any file desired, then go to Tools and
"Add to Favorites". It would then be in my Favorites folder for quick access.
Now it says "Add to My Places". This is not nearly as good as it clutters the
'Look In' section with individual folders for each shortcut. Instead I have
to now go to Windows Explorer and add it to my favorites for it to work like
it use to. Is there a way to do it without leaving Excel? Thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson

Corey

I actually add new files/shortcuts throughout a 3 month period to my
favorites folder. Every quarter I remove the old and add the new ones as they
become available. So it's definitely an on going process with about 25-30
excel files in my favorites near the end of any given quarter.

Anyways, it just looks like another change was made to Excel without
consideration of the usefullness of the 'add to favorites' option. Thanks
anyways.

Corey

Corey wrote:

Hello. I'm new to Excel 2003 and previously always used the Favorites folder
for quick access to frequently viewed folders. I use to be able to click the
'Open Files' button in Excel, select any file desired, then go to Tools and
"Add to Favorites". It would then be in my Favorites folder for quick access.
Now it says "Add to My Places". This is not nearly as good as it clutters the
'Look In' section with individual folders for each shortcut. Instead I have
to now go to Windows Explorer and add it to my favorites for it to work like
it use to. Is there a way to do it without leaving Excel? Thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Aussie CPA

I agree Corey. I too found the add to favourites option useful. The
alternative now is cumbersome and time consuming. Apparently you are able to
use the "Web" toolbar in excel to add favourites however I haven't been able
to get this to work efficiently. IIt creates a URL which errors when I select
it...

Microsoft if you're listening.......