Dave Peterson

It's not any different at all. But fixing it once every 3 months doesn't sound
like a problem (to me, anyway).

Corey wrote:

Is this really different than using the 'Favorites' folder? I already have it
in my 'Look In' bar. Only problem is the cumbersome process in Excel 2003 to
get files in there. My shortcuts change every three months. Will your
suggestion eliminate me having to leave Excel to get them in there?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about just creating a folder and putting shortcuts to all your favorite
folders in that folder.

Then you could add this "master" folder to the "my places" side bar.

Corey wrote:

Hello. I'm new to Excel 2003 and previously always used the Favorites folder
for quick access to frequently viewed folders. I use to be able to click the
'Open Files' button in Excel, select any file desired, then go to Tools and
"Add to Favorites". It would then be in my Favorites folder for quick access.
Now it says "Add to My Places". This is not nearly as good as it clutters the
'Look In' section with individual folders for each shortcut. Instead I have
to now go to Windows Explorer and add it to my favorites for it to work like
it use to. Is there a way to do it without leaving Excel? Thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson