littlelostgrl

Default How can I sort and maintain formatting?

I have a very large excel doc (well over 1,000 rows, by 30 something
columns) that require formatting (resizing the row height) each row by
hand. I have done all of that tideous work, but now I need to sort by
multiple columns, and when I do that, the formatting of the cells is
not maintained. (The size of the row stays, rather than moves with the
data) Please tell me there is a remedy and I haven't just wasted my
time formatting for nothing! Thanks for any and all advice.

--
littlelostgrl
littlelostgrl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26596

PokerZan

This is just a quick response, but wouldn't highlighting the entire
sheet then double clicking inbeween rows and columns do the trick here?
For instance, when you highlight the entire spreadsheet and double
click between the A and B columns, it should autosize the columns to
fit the data in each column. Also, when you do the same between row 1
and 2, it will autosize the row to fit each individual rows data.

HTH,

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

littlelostgrl

Unfortunatly, because I need to hide some data, and show other data
within a single cell, the formatting cannot be done with autosize.
Thanks for the suggestion though.