Michelle

Default Can I make an order form on an office application?

I am trying to create an order form in either excel or word that a customer
would be able to fill in the blanks or use a drop-down menu to choose items.
Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated!
PC

As Tushar has indicated there are a number of issues associated with using
MS office applications for order processing. In my opinion, a relatively
simple web application can most likely deliver superior results at a lower
cost. However if you choose to go that route you may wish to peruse these
threads for some ideas.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3e23e2bca0e16c

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3e23e2bca0e16c

HTH

PC
"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
says...
I am trying to create an order form in either excel or word that a

customer
would be able to fill in the blanks or use a drop-down menu to choose

items.
Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated!

Has anyone done this? You've got to be kidding. There are how many
hundreds of millions of people with Office?

As far as creating an order form, it would all depend on what your
intent is. If this is real time order placement into a database then
neither XL nor Word will be the correct choice. You should build a web
page (or pages) that the client can use.

If this is for offline use, is the intent to simply fill out a form in
a program, print it, and fax/mail it? If so, how will you keep up to
date the choices the client has in the software?

Or is the intent to submit it via some kind of an online mechanism such
as email? If so, remember that email is completely unsecure and only
an idiot would provide any sensitive information, such as credit card
information (unfortunately, as I've discovered on any number of
occasions there is no shortage of idiots {grin}).

Or is the intent something else altogether?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions