ChuckW

Default Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel

Hi,

I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a
copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled
mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office
products. The error says "Cd:\documents and
settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program
files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid
add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The
problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that
export to excel and this error message has blocked us from exporting. I
simply want the error to go away. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W
Jim Rech

Using the RegEdit program (enter that name in Start-Run) look for the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\ Addins

Under it you probably will find the key "MapPoint.OfficeAddin.9". This is
causing your problem and deleting it should fix it.

--
Jim