Brenda Rueter

Default Excel 97 Select Behavior

When you open Excel 97 running on Windows 95, you can type in cells and hit
enter or tab and all is well. However, as soon as you SELECT a cell by
clicking in it, the mouse appears to be in select and drag mode. You cannot
click within another cell and as you move the mouse around, adjacent cells
are selected. There is an icon of a paper next to a white arrow. The only
way Excel and even be closed from here is by using the Task Manager. This
makes Excel unusable.

Is there anything we can try short of rebuilding the machine? I don't have
a clue even what to look for to diagnose the problem. TIA.

Lady Layla

What type of mouse are you using? I hve seen this problem because of a mouse
driver conflict or because you may have a mouse with a wheel on it -- try
clicking the wheel itself.

: