Lady Layla

What type of mouse are you using? I hve seen this problem because of a mouse
driver conflict or because you may have a mouse with a wheel on it -- try
clicking the wheel itself.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
: When you open Excel 97 running on Windows 95, you can type in cells and hit
: enter or tab and all is well. However, as soon as you SELECT a cell by
: clicking in it, the mouse appears to be in select and drag mode. You cannot
: click within another cell and as you move the mouse around, adjacent cells
: are selected. There is an icon of a paper next to a white arrow. The only
: way Excel and even be closed from here is by using the Task Manager. This
: makes Excel unusable.
:
: Is there anything we can try short of rebuilding the machine? I don't have
: a clue even what to look for to diagnose the problem. TIA.
:
: