Artist999

Default why does data appear to be wrapped around in a .txt file?

data was entered in Excel and saved as a prn file and then
changes were made and file was saved. Using Windows
explorer, I renamed the file as .txt. When the file is opened
by my customer they see that the file looks like it is wrapped
around to the next line. They can't use this and I can't fix it.
Any ideas? Thanks
CyberTaz

What are they opening it with? If a word processor, the rows of data are
simply too wide to fit within the margins. They may be able to accommodate
the width by changing Page Layout to Landscape.

OTOH, they can open the file in a Text Editor (like Notepad) and not have to
worry about it as long as they don't have a 'Wrap to page' feature turned
on.

HTH |:)

On 8/22/05 6:17 PM, in article
, "Artist999"
wrote:

data was entered in Excel and saved as a prn file and then
changes were made and file was saved. Using Windows
explorer, I renamed the file as .txt. When the file is opened
by my customer they see that the file looks like it is wrapped
around to the next line. They can't use this and I can't fix it.
Any ideas? Thanks

Dave Peterson

If it's not just the way the text editor displays the data, maybe the lines are
too long.

A .prn file will wrap when the line length goes over 240 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
Artist999

Dave, there are 77 characters keyed. When I look at the file using notepad
or wordpad or Word I can't see the wrapping. When I email it to my customer
and they open it, it is wrapped. I emailed it to someone in my office and
opened it in
notepad and I saw the wrap. I thought I had the problem solved in June. I
had the problem so once I renamed it as a .txt file, I didn't open it again.
However, in August the problem shows up again. Any more ideas? thank you
for what you have already done.
Shirley Owens

Artist999 wrote:

data was entered in Excel and saved as a prn file and then
changes were made and file was saved. Using Windows
explorer, I renamed the file as .txt. When the file is opened
by my customer they see that the file looks like it is wrapped
around to the next line. They can't use this and I can't fix it.
Any ideas? Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Dave,

My customer is using notepad, I think. If I open the txt file