Dave Peterson

Any chance you have a field that contains a line feed (alt-enter or char(10))?

Maybe it's difficult to reproduce because you don't use them, but one of the
users does????

Artist999 wrote:

Dave, there are 77 characters keyed. When I look at the file using notepad
or wordpad or Word I can't see the wrapping. When I email it to my customer
and they open it, it is wrapped. I emailed it to someone in my office and
opened it in
notepad and I saw the wrap. I thought I had the problem solved in June. I
had the problem so once I renamed it as a .txt file, I didn't open it again.
However, in August the problem shows up again. Any more ideas? thank you
for what you have already done.
Shirley Owens

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If it's not just the way the text editor displays the data, maybe the lines are
too long.

A .prn file will wrap when the line length goes over 240 characters.

Artist999 wrote:

data was entered in Excel and saved as a prn file and then
changes were made and file was saved. Using Windows
explorer, I renamed the file as .txt. When the file is opened
by my customer they see that the file looks like it is wrapped
around to the next line. They can't use this and I can't fix it.
Any ideas? Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Dave,

My customer is using notepad, I think. If I open the txt file

--

Dave Peterson