crossroader35

Default Displaying multiple outcomes

I am currently building a spreadsheet to help track progress and other
information for a local sports club. What I need is a formula that will all
me to display one of three outcomes, win/loss/draw from two variables i.e
Points for and points against.

if for instance cell A1 is a value for "Points for" and cell a2 is a value
for "Points against", then I wish to display either win/loss/draw depending
on whether a1a2, a1<a2 or a1=a2.

Can anyone help by providing me with a formula for such

Thanks
Crossroader35

Max

Just another play to tinker with for the 3 outcomes ..

Assume you have in A1:B4 where
A1:B1 holds the players' names (eg: AA and BB)
A2:B2, A3:B3 etc holds the scores of each round's play

AA BB
50 60
60 50
60 60
etc

We could put in C2:

=IF(OR(A2="",B2=""),"",VLOOKUP(SIGN(A2-B2),{0,"Draw";1,"AA wins";-1,"BB
wins"},2,0))

and copy C2 down, to yield the results, viz.:

AA BB
50 60 BB wins
60 50 AA wins
60 60 Draw