JasonQ

Default Editing the 'My Places' bar in Windows XP

I know how to add and remove folders from the 'My Places' bar in
Microsoft Word, but how do you set a specific folder within the 'My
Places' bar to be displayed automatically when you select 'Open' from
the Menu bar in Microsoft Word.

If my explanation was difficult, here's a few more details:

I have added two folders to the 'My Places' bar, entitled 'Jason's 9th
Grade' and 'Jason's 10th Grade.' Whenever I select 'Open' from the Menu
bar in Microsoft Word, the contents of 'Jason's 9th Grade' are shown by
default, and I have to click on the 'Jason's 10th Grade' icon on the
'My Places' bar to show its contents. How do I make it so the contents
of 'Jason's 10th Grade' will automatically be displayed when I click
'Open' on the Menu bar?

Thanks,

Jason

--
JasonQ

JasonQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26014
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397423

Dave Peterson

This is an excel newsgroup, but you could try just changing the default folder
(in MSWord):

Tools|Options|File Locations Tab|Documents
to point at the folder you want.

JasonQ wrote:

[...]

JasonQ

Thanks for the help. How do I do the same thing in MS Excel?

Thanks,

Jason

--
JasonQ

JasonQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26014
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397423

Dave Peterson

Tools|options|General tab
But you have to type the folder name into the "default file location:" box.

(In MSWord, you could browse (and point and click) to your favorite folder.)