Adam Bell

Default How do I change the default Paste behavior

I do MUCH copy and past from word documents, and even sometimes html documents.

99.9% of the time, I want the paste to be "plain text" or "match destination
formating." Is there any way to make this the default paste behavior instead
of "keep source formating?"

I don't mind the little paste formating window beign there for the few times
when I want the sorce formating to stay, I just don't want to have to click
it 99% of the time to get the formating I want when I paste.

David McRitchie

Hi Adam,

PureText Home Page
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
---
HTH,

"Adam Bell" wrote in message ...
I do MUCH copy and past from word documents, and even sometimes html documents.

99.9% of the time, I want the paste to be "plain text" or "match destination
formating." Is there any way to make this the default paste behavior instead
of "keep source formating?"

I don't mind the little paste formating window beign there for the few times
when I want the sorce formating to stay, I just don't want to have to click
it 99% of the time to get the formating I want when I paste.

Adam Bell

That is a big step in the right direction :) Thanks

It still have a tendacy to copy the bullet, whil excel's "destination
formating" clears it. So there is no nice setting for excel?

"Adam Bell" wrote in message ...
I do MUCH copy and past from word documents, and even sometimes html documents.

99.9% of the time, I want the paste to be "plain text" or "match destination
formating." Is there any way to make this the default paste behavior instead
of "keep source formating?"

I don't mind the little paste formating window beign there for the few times
when I want the sorce formating to stay, I just don't want to have to click
it 99% of the time to get the formating I want when I paste.

David McRitchie

Hi Adam,
Did realize there was more than formatted text (like in Rich Text Format) or
Plain Text.

Never heard of "match destination formatting" but since you put it in quotes, I did
a Google search and there are a lot of hits on it -- looks like it is new in
Word 2002 from what I can see

Microsoft Word Help FAQ. How Paste Options works in Microsoft Word 2002 and 2003
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html.

Don't follow it very well, but at the very bottom of the article he says
So far, this has all been quite straight-forward, hasn't it?! If you copy numbered
or bulleted paragraphs it gets messy in ways I can't bring myself to go into right now.

Sounds like something for a Word newsgroup, on the other hand you
also mentioned HTML.

I think Pure Text is much like pasting to NotePad and then from Notepad
to Excel, but you might try that and see if there is a difference in what you are
doing.
---
HTH,