Lee@360Commerce

Default get SQL Server text data type into Excel pivot table

Is it possible to get the full text of SQL Server TEXT data types into Excel
pivot tables?

SQL Server 7 and Excel 2002 SP3
I have a table that has "text" data type column. I have an ODBC connection
to the database. I go to Excel's PivotTable Wizard and select the ODBC data
source, and then the table and columns, but I only get a max of 253
characters in my pivot table for the text type column (I know it's being
truncated). I've found some VB code to get CLOB data from various DB types
but I still don't know if it's possible to get that into my pivot table.

Thanks in advance,
Lee