carrera

Default adding row to forumla

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

carrera

unfortunately that will not work because in the cells below the one mentioned
there are more formulas for the next thirty or so lines that read.....
=2744!$U9
=2744!$AC9
=2744!$AG9
et cetera

my intent is to copy all 30 or so cells in that column and paste into the
other intermittent columns to the right.

If I'm reading you correctly, this would involve creating blank rows between
each of the formulas above.

Other suggestions?

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

bigwheel

Sorry, I must have totally misunderstood you. I thought you wanted a formula
that took data from consecutive rows in column S of workbook 2744 and put
that data into non-adjacent columns in a different workbook but in such a way
as to avoid having to type the formula into each location. The solution I
was trying to convey was a method of creating the consecutive formula
(=2744!$S9, =2744!$S10, =2744!$S11 etc) then cutting and pasting those into
the appropriate columns in the other workbook.

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

carrera

well, ok, but it's going to sound pretty much like my original question......

in C7 is the formula =2744!$K9
in C8 is the formula = 2744!$P9
in C9 is the formula = 2744!$U9
in C10 is the formula = 2744!$Z9
and so forth.....

I need to move these formulas to intermitent columns (F, I, L, O etc)
so that....
in F7 the formula is =2744!$K10
in F8 the formula is =2744!$P10
in F9 the formula is =2744!U10
in F10 the formula is =2744!Z10
and so forth.....

Column I would need to reflect the same formula, except for row 11
Column L would need to reflect the same formula, except for row 12
Column O would need to reflect the same formula, except for row 13
and so forth......

So, as I originally asked, I am needing to cut and paste the formula from a
cell that reads =2744!$K9 into a cell several columns down, so that it would
read =2744$K10
the several more columns down so it would read =2744$K11, etc.

I did not mention the rows below the original line, as I knew I would have
to cut and paste larger areas.........

In other word, I need to move a formula, referencing the next row down on
the other spreadsheet, which is call 2744.

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

bigwheel

Pretty much like I thought the first time round. Perhaps I could of
explained the idea a bit better. Ok, in a blank part of the worksheet or
even on another worksheet, enter the formula =2744!$K9 select the cell and
drag down by the little square in the bottom right corner. You should end up
with =2744!$K10, =2744!$K11, =2744!$K12 etc in the same column. Repeat in
the cell to the right of the formula =2744!$K9 but changing it to = 2744!$P9.
Again drag that down to produce the series. Repeat as many time as required.
THEN, select by row to include the formulae =2744!$K9, = 2744!$P9, =
2744!$U9, = 2744!$Z9 and copy then at the column that you want the formula to
appear i.e. C7 select Paste SpecialTranspose and you should end up with the
result you desire. I did!!

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

carrera

OH! My lightbulb turned on, thanks

yeah, I didn't know about transposing.

Actually, it got a little stickier because I realized I had to separate
every other column (too long to explain, has to do with modalities of
treatment)

But....It did end up working, thanks!

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks

bigwheel

Glad I could help

Forumla Don Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 9th 05 02:52 AM
test forumla rather than result Ruthki Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 6th 05 11:15 PM
help neede with adding times rvnwdr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 17th 05 02:15 PM
problem adding rvnwdr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 8th 05 06:36 PM
Adding to a range in a reference? LilaDuncan New Users to Excel 2 February 7th 05 04:12 PM