carrera

so, do you have a solution for my scenerio?

"bigwheel" wrote:

Sorry, I must have totally misunderstood you. I thought you wanted a formula
that took data from consecutive rows in column S of workbook 2744 and put
that data into non-adjacent columns in a different workbook but in such a way
as to avoid having to type the formula into each location. The solution I
was trying to convey was a method of creating the consecutive formula
(=2744!$S9, =2744!$S10, =2744!$S11 etc) then cutting and pasting those into
the appropriate columns in the other workbook.

"carrera" wrote:

unfortunately that will not work because in the cells below the one mentioned
there are more formulas for the next thirty or so lines that read.....
=2744!$U9
=2744!$AC9
=2744!$AG9
et cetera

my intent is to copy all 30 or so cells in that column and paste into the
other intermittent columns to the right.

If I'm reading you correctly, this would involve creating blank rows between
each of the formulas above.

Other suggestions?

"bigwheel" wrote:

Drag it down a few blank rows, then cut and paste the resultant formulae to
the columns where you want them.

"carrera" wrote:

my formula is

=2244!$S9 (2744 is the name of the sheet I'm taking info from)

I'm needing to cut and paste this formula into a cell a few columns down so
it will read.....=2744!$S10

Then further along...-2744$S11 and so on.

I cannont drag the formula has there are other formulas in the columns in
between.

Thanks