Ltat42a

Default Date & Day of Week

I have a simple time sheet for calculating my hours worked for a two
week pay period. In one column, I have the dates of the pay period. In
the next column, I have the day of the week.

Is there a formula I can use that will auto insert the day of the week
according to the date I insert in the date column?

DATE WEEKDAY
D4=Date E4=???

Thanx.

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Use =D4 in cell E4

Then format the cell like this
Select E4
FormatCells in the men bar
Custom on the number tab and fill in dddd

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ltat42a" wrote in message

I have a simple time sheet for calculating my hours worked for a two
week pay period. In one column, I have the dates of the pay period. In
the next column, I have the day of the week.

Is there a formula I can use that will auto insert the day of the week
according to the date I insert in the date column?

DATE WEEKDAY
D4=Date E4=???

Thanx.

--

[...]