andrewm

Default Date, Day of week

Hi

I would like to convert a date to a day of the week

ie column 1 column 2
5/7/05 Tuesday
6/7/05 Wednesday
etc etc

I know the formula for date - what is it to relate day of the week to
the date

andrewm

--
andrewm
andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23130

ScottO

I think you'll get what you want by putting a formula in Col 2 of =Col 1,
Then custom format Col 2 to "Dddd"
Rgds,
ScottO

"andrewm" wrote in message

| Hi
|
| I would like to convert a date to a day of the week
|
| ie column 1 column 2
| 5/7/05 Tuesday
| 6/7/05 Wednesday
| etc etc
|
| I know the formula for date - what is it to relate day of the week to
| the date
|
| andrewm
|

| --
| andrewm
| andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23130
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384433

Piranha

andrewm,

If your date is in A1 put this into B1 and copy down as
necessary.

'=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

Dave

andrewm Wrote:
Hi

I would like to convert a date to a day of the week

ie column 1 column 2
5/7/05 Tuesday
6/7/05 Wednesday
etc etc

I know the formula for date - what is it to relate day of the week to
the date

andrewm

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384433

Biff

Hi!

Another way:

=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

Biff

"andrewm" wrote in
message ...

Hi

I would like to convert a date to a day of the week

ie column 1 column 2
5/7/05 Tuesday
6/7/05 Wednesday
etc etc

I know the formula for date - what is it to relate day of the week to
the date

andrewm

--
andrewm
andrewm's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384433

Piranha

Same as mine <g

Dave

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

Another way:

=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

Biff

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384433

Biff

Hi!

Yeah, you're posting from ExcelFourm and linking to the MS newsgroups. The
posts from ExcelForum don't show up in the MS newsroups instantly and
vice-versa. Seems as though there's about a 20 min delay.

When I posted my reply your reply hadn't showed up yet.

Biff

"Piranha" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

Same as mine <g

Dave

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

Another way:

=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

Biff

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile:

Piranha

Biff,

Thanks very much for clueing me in on that.
I don't know where all this stuff goes and comes from,
and what is linked to what.

Thx
Dave

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

Yeah, you're posting from ExcelFourm and linking to the MS newsgroups.
The
posts from ExcelForum don't show up in the MS newsroups instantly and
vice-versa. Seems as though there's about a 20 min delay.

When I posted my reply your reply hadn't showed up yet.

Biff

"Piranha" wrote
in
message ...