pspiel

Default how can i show two layers of plus/minus signs for nested groups

I have a set of columns in a group. Within that set I've made a sub-group.
For some reason the +/- doesn't appear for the nested group, so I can't hid
just those columns. For some reason I don't have this problem with rows.
With rows if I make a group within a group the +/- boxes appear for both and
I can hide or unhide them with ease. But for columns the +/- box only
appears in the top row. How can I make it appear for the sub-group too?

pspiel

The problem seems to be that the summary colum is the same for both the group
and the sub-group. For example, the top group is rows I through M. The sub
group is rows J through M. Sometime I want to hide I throuh L, and sometimes
I want to hide J through L and leave I showing. It won't let me do that. I
don't know why.

pspiel wrote:

I have a set of columns in a group. Within that set I've made a sub-group.
For some reason the +/- doesn't appear for the nested group, so I can't hid
just those columns. For some reason I don't have this problem with rows.
With rows if I make a group within a group the +/- boxes appear for both and
I can hide or unhide them with ease. But for columns the +/- box only
appears in the top row. How can I make it appear for the sub-group too?

--

Dave Peterson

pspiel

The problem seems to be that the summary colum is the same for both the group
and the sub-group. For example, the top group is columns I through M. The
sub
group is columns J through M. Sometimes I want to hide I throuh L, and

pspiel wrote:

I have a set of columns in a group. Within that set I've made a sub-group.
For some reason the +/- doesn't appear for the nested group, so I can't hid
just those columns. For some reason I don't have this problem with rows.
With rows if I make a group within a group the +/- boxes appear for both and
I can hide or unhide them with ease. But for columns the +/- box only
appears in the top row. How can I make it appear for the sub-group too?

--

Dave Peterson

RagDyer

Are you using XL97?

I remember that happening to me on occasion, and never found out why.

Starting in a new sheet usually "fixed" something!?!?

If there was too much work already in the "bad" sheet to throw it away, I
used to get rid of all the groups, and then start over, creating the subs
*first*, and then working out.
--
HTH,

RD

"pspiel" wrote in message
I have a set of columns in a group. Within that set I've made a

sub-group.
For some reason the +/- doesn't appear for the nested group, so I can't

hid
just those columns. For some reason I don't have this problem with rows.
With rows if I make a group within a group the +/- boxes appear for both

and
I can hide or unhide them with ease. But for columns the +/- box only
appears in the top row. How can I make it appear for the sub-group too?

pspiel

No, I'm using XL2003.

A fresh sheet does no good. I tried that just now. If the far right colum
of both the group and the sub-group is the same colum it just won't show the
+/- box. I don't know if they intended that or if it's a glitch.