gilcola

Default need to copy a long list of file names

I have a long list of file names (240 from a search) that I need to put into
Excel. Copy won't do it. How now brown cow???
Dave O

Here's a reference to an earlier post that addressed that:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f917eac 4be8f

Dodo

"?B?Z2lsY29sYQ==?=" wrote in
:

I have a long list of file names (240 from a search) that I need to
put into Excel. Copy won't do it. How now brown cow???

I find this a useful utility/add-in:

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

It can do many, many things, including the same (more or less) as windows
explorer but puts the results directly into colums and cells.
It can get path/filename, filesize and date/time of a particular directory
plus subdirs and through a filter (all selectable).

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
John Eppley

Dodo: I need some help.....I have been using the ASAP utility version 3.10
since June, and cannot find the file utility you described. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks, John
"Dodo" wrote in message
.. .
"?B?Z2lsY29sYQ==?=" wrote in
:

I have a long list of file names (240 from a search) that I need to
put into Excel. Copy won't do it. How now brown cow???

I find this a useful utility/add-in:

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

It can do many, many things, including the same (more or less) as windows
explorer but puts the results directly into colums and cells.
It can get path/filename, filesize and date/time of a particular directory
plus subdirs and through a filter (all selectable).

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

Dodo

"John Eppley" wrote in
:

Dodo: I need some help.....I have been using the ASAP utility version
3.10 since June, and cannot find the file utility you described. What
am I doing wrong?

Let's see . . . .

.. . . . it is in Fill/Insert Filename.

You get a list starting in the selected cell and down, standard over 3
colums.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

John Eppley

Dodo: Thanks for your input. I had never stumbled on tht great feature. In
fact, the feature "Insert Filename" never registered in my pea brain as
having the ability to list files.

Thanks for your help....much appreciated.

John

Dodo

"John Eppley" wrote in
:

Dodo: Thanks for your input. I had never stumbled on tht great
feature. In fact, the feature "Insert Filename" never registered in my
pea brain as having the ability to list files.

I just ran into it by accident. ;-)))