finney78

Default Removal of thousands seperator

I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example
is a number like 2 098,67. Excel will not recognize this as a number. How can
I remove this thousands seperator so that the number becomes 2098,67? I need
to do this to use the data in another program.

I have tried the TRIM function and the replace function, but the space is
still there and the cells aren't recognized as numbers.

R.VENKATARAMAN

edit-replace
against find what
~(space)