Marlis

Default text box

I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you
Mangesh Yadav

We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
menu. Are there any macros you are using.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I

get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Paul

It could also be that you are trying to enter text from the formula line.
This make the data in the text box as a formula. Very cool for dynamic text
boxes...not good if you want static data. You should be entering information
in the text box itself.

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I

get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Mangesh Yadav

just a wild guess. Please go to the VBE and check Tools References. Check
if there are any missing links. If yes, uncheck the ones which have missing.

Do you get the same behaviour for any other control.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit

enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Marlis

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but should all of them be checked?
Only the first five are.

It only does it with the text box.
Thanks

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit

enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Mangesh Yadav

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same behaviour in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table in the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and

hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Marlis

I have two dropdown lists. They work fine. I don't have a pivot table. Even
when I delete the text box and go to VB, the code is still there??

It does the same thing in another sheet.

Thanks
"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same behaviour in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table in the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and

hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Mangesh Yadav

When you delete a control, its code is not deleted, but what code are you
talking about. Do you have some code...?

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same behaviour

in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table in

the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something,

and
hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Marlis

Private Sub TextBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
TextBox1.Value = TextBox1.Value + 1
End Sub

That's the code I was given to increase number by one when I double click
the box.

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same behaviour

in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table in

the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Marlis" wrote in message
I have created a text box, but when I type in something,

and
hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Mangesh Yadav

Your code works fine with me. What is it that you enter. Also can you exit
by pressing enter. I have to click outside to exit.

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same

behaviour
in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table

in
the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

We require some more details. Where have you created the
textbox, in
the
sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the

Control
Toolbox
menu. Are there any macros you are using.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in

message

I have created a text box, but when I type in

something,
and
hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Marlis

I enter the number 100.

My steps to put the box on my sheet:
View-toolbars--controlbox--I then choose the textbox, I put it on the
sheet,right click the box, and hit view code. I paste that code in, then
return to the sheet. When I double click,it gives me "format picture"

By the way...thank you for your patience.

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same

behaviour
in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table

in
the
file which gives you the error.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in message
No missing tag.

Hi,

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

We require some more details. Where have you created the
textbox, in
the
sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the
Control
Toolbox
menu. Are there any macros you are using.

Mangesh

"Marlis" wrote in

message

I have created a text box, but when I type in

something,
and
hit
enter, I
get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you

Mangesh Yadav

Quite strange.
Why don't you mail me your sheet. I will check out what the problem is.

remove NOSPAM while mailing

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same

behaviour
in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot

table
in
the
file which gives you the error.