Jae

Default Text Boxes

Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height according
to the amount of text?
Norman Jones

Hi Jae,

If you use a Text box from the Control Toolbox, you can set the Autosize
property for the text box to True.

Click the top left icon to go into design mode. Click the top right icon to
open the text box property window.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Jae

Norman,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to do this using text boxes from
the drawing toolbar?

Jae

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Norman Jones

Hi Jae,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to do this using text boxes from
the drawing toolbar?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way automatically to alter this
text box's dimensions in response to its text content.

A drawing objects text box has a size property which allows for the static
sizing of the box. This text box also has a 'Move and size with cells'
property which allows the text box's dimensions to change in response to the
changes in a cells dimensions.

If you want an auto-dimensioning text box, I think that the Control toolbox
is the way to go.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Jae

Thanks again for your reply Norman. I'm a bit new to the control toolbox
text box ... I created it and adjusted it as you recommended, but now all it
does is resize horizontally. I'd like to lock the width of the box, and have
the height change according to the amount of text. Also, in the text box,
can I set it so that when the user hits the "enter" key, it will move to the
next line?

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Jae

Hi Jae,

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Norman Jones

Hi Jae,

Try setting the MultiLine property to true.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jae" wrote in message
Thanks again for your reply Norman. I'm a bit new to the control toolbox
text box ... I created it and adjusted it as you recommended, but now all
it
does is resize horizontally. I'd like to lock the width of the box, and
have
the height change according to the amount of text. Also, in the text box,
can I set it so that when the user hits the "enter" key, it will move to
the
next line?

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Jae

Hi Jae,

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Jae

I gave that a shot and it seemed to work, but the width of the box still
shrinks.

Can you assist?

Thanks again!

Jae

"Jae" wrote in message
Thanks again for your reply Norman. I'm a bit new to the control toolbox
text box ... I created it and adjusted it as you recommended, but now all
it
does is resize horizontally. I'd like to lock the width of the box, and
have
the height change according to the amount of text. Also, in the text box,
can I set it so that when the user hits the "enter" key, it will move to
the
next line?

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Jae

Hi Jae,

"Jae" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to have the text box auto adjust the height
according
to the amount of text?

Norman Jones

Hi Jae,

The Multiline property should be set to True and the Autosize property
should be set to False.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jae" wrote in message
Thanks again for your reply Norman. I'm a bit new to the control
toolbox
text box ... I created it and adjusted it as you recommended, but now
all
it
does is resize horizontally. I'd like to lock the width of the box,
and
have
the height change according to the amount of text. Also, in the text
box,
can I set it so that when the user hits the "enter" key, it will move
the
next line?

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,