John Sawyer

Default insert text conditionally and format

Hi,

I want to conditionally format a cell so that it turns red based on
another's value. Actually, if any one of 3 cells are out of a specified
value, then this 4th cell should turn. This much I have accomplished.

Is there any way to insert text also? I'd like to have the 4th cell say
Rejected and turn red if any of the 3 previous cells are out of spec.

To illustrate (anything over 3 is out of spec for the first cell, 4 for the
2nd, and 2 for the 3rd.)

| 4 | 3 | 1 | Rejected |

The 4 would throw off the entire thing. Now my only problem is that I don't
know how to "conditionally insert text" as opposed to format. I'm pretty sure
that excel is inflexible like this and I will have to write a macro or
something, which is completely useless for the people who are going to be
using this.

Thank you for any advice in advance,
John
Gary's Student

Let's say you three conditions are in cols A,B,C and let's say that over 3 is
out of spec, then in column D:

=if((A1<3)*(b1<3)*(C1<3),"","Rejected")
will give you the result.
--
Gary's Student

"John Sawyer" wrote:

[...]

John Sawyer

=IF((F14598)*(G14544)*(H14510),"","Rejected")

I get absolutely nothing from this. The reason I am using these numbers is
so that I can copy it directly from the table to attempt to show what is
going wrong. This is the formula directly from the table. I don't get colors
or the word regardless of what I enter. Any idea?