John Sawyer

Default insert text conditionally and format

Hi,

I want to conditionally format a cell so that it turns red based on
another's value. Actually, if any one of 3 cells are out of a specified
value, then this 4th cell should turn. This much I have accomplished.

Is there any way to insert text also? I'd like to have the 4th cell say
Rejected and turn red if any of the 3 previous cells are out of spec.

To illustrate (anything over 3 is out of spec for the first cell, 4 for the
2nd, and 2 for the 3rd.)

| 4 | 3 | 1 | Rejected |

The 4 would throw off the entire thing. Now my only problem is that I don't
know how to "conditionally insert text" as opposed to format. I'm pretty sure
that excel is inflexible like this and I will have to write a macro or
something, which is completely useless for the people who are going to be
using this.

Thank you for any advice in advance,
John