Panajohn

Default Selecting matching items in a column

I need to sort matching numbers from a column. For example,

12345 12.00
23456 10.00
34567 8.00
34567 -8.00
45678 6.50
56789 14.50
56789 -8.25
67890 -1.00
67890 -5.00
78901 -2.00
Result
34567 8.00
34567 -8.00
56789 14.50
56789 -8.25
67890 -1.00
67890 -5.00

Flintstone

Try this.

1. You should designate a header name at the top of the column such as
Name, SSN#, Date, whatever best suites the title of the column or
columns you wish to sort.
2. Select the entire range you wish to sort, such as A1 to D20,
including your header names.
3. From the tool bar click on, Data / Sort. Notice in the Sort window
you have the option to select ascending, descending, header or no
header, it’s up to you.
4. Select heading by which to sort under. It will default to the first
row with whatever entry is at the top of the column. If you want to
sort with another title such as SSN#, than select as an additional sort
criteria.
5. Hit OK and your list has been sorted.

Matt

--
Flintstone
Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15310