GregW

Default Can I use cell contents to update footers in excel?

I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way
to do this?
JE McGimpsey

You'll need to use an Event Macro. One way:

Put something like this in your ThisWorkbook code module:

Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
ws.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text
Next ws
End Sub

If you're not familiar with macros, take a look at David McRitchie's
"Getting Started with Macros":

In article ,
"GregW" wrote:

I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way
to do this?

GregW

Apparently this is a common question - I should have browsed the questions
before posting.

Thanks for the reply - I think I found one of your replies to an earlier
question. Did it and it worked great.