Al

Default Please help with Time calculations

I need to calculate in a cell the time duration when the user inters start
and end times in the following fashion:

Start End Duration
00:00 00:45 0.75
00:45 01:30 0.75

Start and End times must be in 24hr format. My problem is in the duration. I
am required to calculate the duration like the example above i.e. instead of
showing it as 0:45 min (00:00 (12:00 AM) €“ 00:45 (12:45 AM) = 0:45 minutes,
my client requires it to show as three quarters of an hour in decimal format
(0.75). how can I do that? I need the user to enter 00:00 and 00:45 then the
form will calculate the 0.75.
Thanks
Al

Biff

Hi!

=(B1-A1)*24

Format as GENERAL

Biff

"Al" wrote in message
I need to calculate in a cell the time duration when the user inters start
and end times in the following fashion:

Start End Duration
00:00 00:45 0.75
00:45 01:30 0.75

Start and End times must be in 24hr format. My problem is in the duration.
am required to calculate the duration like the example above i.e. instead
of
showing it as 0:45 min (00:00 (12:00 AM) - 00:45 (12:45 AM) = 0:45
minutes,
my client requires it to show as three quarters of an hour in decimal
format
(0.75). how can I do that? I need the user to enter 00:00 and 00:45 then
the
form will calculate the 0.75.
Thanks
Al

Bob Phillips

Time is a fraction of 1 day, so just multiply by 24. For example

=(B2-A2)*24

and format as general.

--

HTH