RMichael

Default How can I search for messages of an author, when I don't see one a

The help file states that I can search for "recent message posted by this
author" from within a message, but I don't see how to do it without finding a
message for the author to begin with. Doesn't make sense to me.
--
Peice, Love,... Many Groovies
David McRitchie

Not an Excel question, you are using CDO, don't know what
you do there. But I expect you would have much better results
using Google Advanced Groups Search. And because most
questions have already been asked would certainly want to
encourage the use of Google Advanced Groups Search to
search newsgroups:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm

and Google web search to search web pages and a repetitions
by the repeaters so you have to also look at the material as it was
posted in newsgroups. Which is a very unfortunate turn of events,
but you learn which ones to ignore -- basically ignore any site with
advertising.
---
HTH,

"RMichael" wrote in message ...
The help file states that I can search for "recent message posted by this
author" from within a message, but I don't see how to do it without finding a
message for the author to begin with. Doesn't make sense to me.
--
Peice, Love,... Many Groovies

RMichael

Thank you very much for the information. These search engines will be very
helpful in the future.

My original question was regarding the Microsoft Communities and the
inability to find a list of posting from a particular author. I did find a
way to do so by looking at the authors profile.
Thanks again.
--
Peice, Love,... Many Groovies