ktjo2

Default automatically drop data to next line

I have a cell that looks like this

John Doe 123 N. 1st Street Miami, FL 12345

Is there a formula, or something I can do to get it to look like this

John Doe
123 N. 1st Street
Miami, FL 12345

Without having to go through and press enter and resize all of the column
widths. I swear I've seen something that looks like a little box that you
can put between things in a cell that will make it automatically drop to the
next line.

Thanks!!
Colin Vicary

Hi

Excel can do this in a round-about way, but it needs to know where you
want the line breaks.

If your cell said

John Doe, 123 N. 1st Street, Miami FL 12345

You could use text to columns to split the cell into three and then
concatenate back into one by using

=a1&char(10)&b1&char(10)&c1

Hope this helps

Colin