Default Copy Problem

After years of happily copying Excel formulae and/or results, I now
have a problem.
I'm copying from a worksheet saved in Excel 97. I'm working in Excel
2003. I open the saved worksheet and copy a cell such as:

=VARPA(B3:AB3)

When I paste it into a new worksheet (created in Excel 2003) the value
is pasted and not the formula.

Can anyone help me copy the formula?

Steve

Both cells show Number format. hit F2 and Enter and nothing happens!

Steve

Dave Peterson

Do you have two instances of excel running?

Open the first workbook (any way you want)
then File|open the second.

Then try your copy|paste.

And if this doesn't apply, do you have any rows that are hidden and are copying
discontiguous rows?

--

Dave Peterson

Michael

Steve
Did you use paste special ??
and select all or formulas
HTH
Michael Mitchelson

" wrote:

After years of happily copying Excel formulae and/or results, I now
have a problem.
I'm copying from a worksheet saved in Excel 97. I'm working in Excel
2003. I open the saved worksheet and copy a cell such as:

=VARPA(B3:AB3)

When I paste it into a new worksheet (created in Excel 2003) the value
is pasted and not the formula.

Can anyone help me copy the formula?

Steve

Dave,

That's the answer. I had two (or more) instances of Excel running.
I'm sure I must have made the same mistake in the past without noticing
this strange behaviour.#

Thanks,

Steve