Richard

Default AutoFilter - non adjacent columns

Jim,
I am trying to do the same thing and when I use this code you provided I get
a Run-time error '1004' Application-defined or object-defined error. Can you
tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Richard

"Jim Rech" wrote:

You can have only one autofilter at a time in a worksheet. You can make some
of the dropdowns disappear though, which may be what you want, but only by a
macro as far as I know. This assumes the autofilter is already in place:

ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.AutoFilter field:=3, visibledropdown:=False

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"wladdr" wrote in message
| How do I put AutoFilter on just a couple of non adjacent columns in a
| worksheet. I know I've seen this, and maybe have done it before, but now I
| get a "...cannot be performed with multiple selections..." error. Thank
you.

Dave Peterson

Did you already apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to the activesheet?
Did you have at least 3 columns in that filtered range?
Was the activesheet protected?

"wladdr" wrote in message
| How do I put AutoFilter on just a couple of non adjacent columns in a
| worksheet. I know I've seen this, and maybe have done it before, but now I
| get a "...cannot be performed with multiple selections..." error. Thank
you.

--

Dave Peterson
Superdan

Jim,

I want to remove the filter for several columns (for example columns 4 thru
8), how can I modify your macro to do this?

I've tried a few things, but can't seem to get the syntax right, can you help?

Thanks

"wladdr" wrote in message
| How do I put AutoFilter on just a couple of non adjacent columns in a
| worksheet. I know I've seen this, and maybe have done it before, but now I
| get a "...cannot be performed with multiple selections..." error. Thank
you.

Dave Peterson

I'm not Jim, but this removed the arrows from the 4-8 columns of the autofilter
range.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myRng As Range
Dim iCol As Long

Set myRng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range

For iCol = 1 To myRng.Columns.Count
Select Case iCol
Case Is = 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
myRng.AutoFilter field:=iCol, visibledropdown:=False
End Select
Next iCol

End Sub

"wladdr" wrote in message
| How do I put AutoFilter on just a couple of non adjacent columns in a
| worksheet. I know I've seen this, and maybe have done it before, but now I
| get a "...cannot be performed with multiple selections..." error. Thank
you.

--

Dave Peterson
Superdan

Thanks Dave, very much appreciated, I'll give it a try !