Elliot Gingold

Default Unable to empty clipboard error

I am getting a lot of trouble when using Excel 2003 with the error "Unable
to empty Clipboard", generally when I am copying very small amounts of data
from an Excel spreadsheet into an Outlook email. After a few sucessful
copies, this error message starts popping up. Sometimes it can be ignored
and the copy past proceeds normally. Most times though copying and
subsequent pasting just stop working (as do other uses of copy paste in
other programmes). Generally closing Ecel and restarting it fixes things.
But this error is occuring so often that it is a significant nuisance.

My machine is modern, with 1 G of RAM and plenty of disk space.

I have done Google searches and have found plenty of others with this
problem, but no solution. I am not using terminal services, nor I am running
any odd applications which i have seen mentioned. It does appear as if this
is a very old problem (dating back to Excel 97).

Anyone able to help out there?

Elliot

Junior Member

Smile

This problem will appear frequently for many office2003 users in the future. You could try this Excel-VBA code (I hope you've some Excel-VBA basic knowlegde)

Public Declare Function OpenClipboard Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd AsLong) As Long
Public Declare Function CloseClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long
Public Declare Function EmptyClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long

Sub ClearClipboard()
OpenClipboard (0&)
EmptyClipboard
CloseClipboard
End Sub

(this code is not mine, found it somewere on internet)
Regards, Kesie from Holland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Gingold
I am getting a lot of trouble when using Excel 2003 with the error "Unable to empty Clipboard"
Elliot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
reevers

Hi guys,
I am new here to this forum. I am also facing the same EXACT problem.
Unfortunately I am new to VB coding, so am not sure how to apply this
fix mentioned above. can someone show me.

Also, is this a KNOWN Excel issue for Excel 2003?

Has Microsoft addressed it with a patch or something?

thanks, and appreciate any help I can get.

Reevers, Tokyo

--
reevers
reevers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31834