Denise Robinson

Default Time displaying wrongly

Hi all
When I enter 6.30 in a cell to indicate 6.30am the display has changed to
7.12am?

I have gone to the format time menu and keep changing it to the various
types on offer but still it comes up as 7.12?

I have tried other times and the same thing happens, 11.20 appears as
4.48!!!!

My computer time and date settings are ok, can anyone suggest why this is
happening please?

Otherwise I will just have to continue using general numbers in the
formatting.

Thank you
Denise

David Biddulph

"Denise Robinson" wrote in message
"aristotle" wrote in message
"Denise Robinson" wrote:

Hi all
When I enter 6.30 in a cell to indicate 6.30am the display has changed

7.12am?

I have gone to the format time menu and keep changing it to the various
types on offer but still it comes up as 7.12?

I have tried other times and the same thing happens, 11.20 appears as
4.48!!!!

My computer time and date settings are ok, can anyone suggest why this

is
happening please?

Otherwise I will just have to continue using general numbers in the
formatting.

What happens if you enter it s 6:30 (note the colon)?

Oh my goodness!! thank you my brain did not think about that and it works!

You will presumably have realised that if you don't enter the number in time
format it will be treated as a time in days. 6.30 days will be 6 days and
7.2 hours, and 7.2 hours is 7:12 am.
Similarly 11.20 days is 11 days and 4.8 hours; 4.8 hours is 4:48 am.
--
David Biddulph