dbjk

Default AddIn not working right

Here's the problem:
I am running Excel 2000
I created an addin file to avoid the "... contains macros" pop up. The
addin contains a custom function.
This is where it gets tricky - I share this workbook by placing it on a
drive on the company's intranet.
The formula changes from calling the function from the addin when it is
saved to the C: drive to a complicated link with the address from my C:
drive with the drive letter changed to the intranet drive letter.
From: =Alarm.xla!AVGAlarm(AA6:AA36,"225860",AA37)
To: ='R:\Documents and Settings\kowalsd\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\Alarm.xla'!AVGAlarm(AA6:AA36 ,"225860",AA37)

--
dbjk
dbjk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26078

Dave Peterson

It sounds like all you have to do is turn off the addin that points to the C:
drive and turn on the addin that points at the R: drive.

Tools|Addins

If you want to change it back to the addin on the C: drive, you can use
Edit|links to change the source.

dbjk wrote:

Here's the problem:
I am running Excel 2000
I created an addin file to avoid the "... contains macros" pop up. The
addin contains a custom function.
This is where it gets tricky - I share this workbook by placing it on a
drive on the company's intranet.
The formula changes from calling the function from the addin when it is
saved to the C: drive to a complicated link with the address from my C:
drive with the drive letter changed to the intranet drive letter.

dbjk

That's what I ended up doing and it appears to be working for now. I
posted the add-in on the network drive and did not allow Excel to place
the add-in on the local drive when I added it to each local version.