trapped

Default Cant see highlighting unless I go into print preview

When i open an excel file I can not see the highlights on any documents
unless you go into print preview. I have been looking for a way to show the
highliting for a while now. I have compared the settings to another machine
that shows the highlights normally and found no difference. I have also
reinstalled it and the problem reoccures.
The same document can be opened by others and they see the highlights, and
it doesnt matter what document it is. This occurs on all documents.
Gord Dibben

trapped

Assuming "highlights" means colored cells..........

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

Gord Dibben Excel MVP