Geir

Default Document not saved

Hi

I am using Excel 97 and Windows 2003 server. I am using macros in Excel.
When I am trying to save I always get Document not saved. But it is saved
as file, name like 2g54ggi.
Does anyone know can be the problem

Bv Geir

Dave Peterson

When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8
characters--no extension).

If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its
backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will
rename the funny named file to the original's name.

Common things that get blamed for interruptions to this process are antivirus
software poking its head in or network errors--either permissions or physical
problems.

Maybe temporarily disabling the antivirus software would be the easier thing to
test. If that doesn't help, maybe it's a permission problem. (I'd double
check.)

--

Dave Peterson