pita29

Default How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3
lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I
dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview only
one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row.
Ian

It sounds like you need to select Wrap Text from the Alignment tab of the
Format Cells dialog and/or increase the height of the row to accommodate the
numbers of rows of text in the cell.

--
Ian
--
"pita29" wrote in message
I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3
lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I
dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview only
one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row.

Jim May

Try (as follows): and enter into a cell:
This is line 1 << Do not press Enter key - instead hold-down the Alt key
while pressing the Enter key
This is Line 2 << Same as above
This is Line 3 << Same or press only Enter key when complete
HTH

"pita29" wrote in message
I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3
lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I
dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview
only
one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row.

Dave Peterson

Merged cells don't play nice with autofitting rows.

Instead of doubleclicking on the row separator line, actually drag it to
increase the rowheight.