slot guy

Default Negative numbers

I have a report that I import into Excel and it displays negative numbers
with the sign to the right of the number (example: 8.8-). I would like the
number to be negative so I can use it. Can anyone help?
Thanks
JE McGimpsey

Take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/postfixnegatives.html

In article ,
"slot guy" wrote:

I have a report that I import into Excel and it displays negative numbers
with the sign to the right of the number (example: 8.8-). I would like the
number to be negative so I can use it. Can anyone help?

slot guy

Thanks for the link. Is there a way to change the format while in place
without using VB? I'm not experienced with it. Can a custom format be created
under "formating cells" to change the negative sign?

"slot guy" wrote:

I have a report that I import into Excel and it displays negative numbers
with the sign to the right of the number (example: 8.8-). I would like the
number to be negative so I can use it. Can anyone help?

Eric

slot guy,

Have another look at the link JE gave you. There's a formula at the top you
can use without using VB.

Eric

"slot guy" wrote:

I have a report that I import into Excel and it displays negative numbers
with the sign to the right of the number (example: 8.8-). I would like the
number to be negative so I can use it. Can anyone help?

JE McGimpsey

Formatting won't change it, since it's not a number. If you're using
XL02/3 use the non-VB method mentioned on the page. If you're using a
prior or Mac version, I don't know of a way to do it in-place.