Oldcowboyjim

Default Calculate discounts within a pricelist

Help -- I have tried but I am not as familiar as I would like to be with the
formulas.

I have a pricelist with 2250 items (rows) I would like to take the list
prices from column I and multiply by the discount and show the individual net
prices in column J. I can make a simple product fomula for each row
separetely but is there a way to do it globally?
Wayne Wilmeth

Hi Old Cowboy Jim,

If I understand you correctly, you would like to change the discount rate
and then have all the net amounts in J change at once. I would create a
single cell to hold the discount rate and then multiple each cell in column I
by that rate using absolute addresses.

For example, place your discount rate in Cell A1 or somewhere else out of
the way. Then in J10 or whereever your first row of data begins, type the
following: =$A$1*I10. After you get the first formula, copy down. Then if
your rate changes, just change what is in A1 and all of column J will update.