jose luis

Default Changing File Icon

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the file's Excel icon into another Icon (.jpg
or .tif)?
Do i need a ResEdit type of software?
I'm trying to make easier to identify the different sheets to several
users.
In Mac OS i saw someone changing the icons so i would like to know if
it is possible in Win Excel.

Thanks in advance

Jose Luis

--
jose luis
jose luis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13312

Henry

Jose Luis,

Right click the icon and choose Properties.
Click on Change Icon and you'll get a selection of icons to choose from.
You could also design your own Icon and select that.

Click Apply and OK.
The icon will change to the chosen icon.

Henry

"jose luis" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the file's Excel icon into another Icon (.jpg
or .tif)?
Do i need a ResEdit type of software?
I'm trying to make easier to identify the different sheets to several
users.
In Mac OS i saw someone changing the icons so i would like to know if
it is possible in Win Excel.

Thanks in advance

Jose Luis

--
jose luis
jose luis's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=393075

jose luis

Thanks Henry for your response...

I tryed your suggestion but when i click on "Change" left of the Icon
and the windows sends me to change the program by wich the file will
open, but i couldn't find where to change the icon. Could you elaborate
i little more to know how to make the change?

TIA

Regards

Jose Luis

Henry Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

jose luis
jose luis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13312
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=393075

Henry

Jose Luis,

You've gone to the wrong "Change"
When the Properties window appears, choose the "Shortcut" tab at the top.
You'll find "Change Icon" between the "Find Target" and "Advanced" buttons.

Henry

"jose luis" wrote
in message ...

Henry Wrote:
[...]

jose luis

Thank you Henry

I was clicking in the original file, instead of the sortcut file, so i
didn't see the change icon button.

Do you know if it's possible to change the icon of the original file?

Again Thanks for your help.

Regards

Jose Luis

Henry Wrote:
[...]

Henry

jose luis,

I don't think you can change the Icon of the original file.
Maybe someone else here knows how to do it.

Henry

"jose luis" wrote in
message ...