dborski

Default No csv format in Paste Special

For some reason I don't have the option to choose a csv format when
using Paste Special to copy data into excel. I'm using Excel 2000 ver
9.0.3821 Sr-1.

I know that csv it is available because my coworkers have it.

Does anyone know how to add the csv option?

--
dborski
dborski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25918

Jim Rech

There is no CSV option in the Paste Special dialog for Excel. However,
sometimes a paste will wind up parsing text for the reason explained in this
article:

Jim
"dborski" wrote in
message ...

| For some reason I don't have the option to choose a csv format when
| using Paste Special to copy data into excel. I'm using Excel 2000 ver
| 9.0.3821 Sr-1.
|
| I know that csv it is available because my coworkers have it.
|
| Does anyone know how to add the csv option?
|

| --
| dborski
| dborski's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392913

dborski

Thank you for your reply. You are correct in that there is no csv
option on the initial "paste special" screen, but there is another
"paste special" screen that comes up when there is a certain type of
data in the clipboard. This screen has options as to what format you
want to paste the data to. The options I have now are "bitmap",
"Unicode text", and "text". I need to find out how to add csv to that
list.

--
dborski
dborski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25918
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392913

PokerZan

Unicode Text should give you the results you desire I believe...

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

dborski

Thanks for your answer about unicode text but I've tried that and it
doesn't separate the columns. All the data is in one cell.