ncikusa

Default How to insert an empty row at the same time in more than one sheet?

Hi there,

I was wondering how you can insert an empty row the same place in
different sheets at the same time...

E.g.: If you have 2 (and up, of course) sheets with the exactly same
stuff, and you want to put in an empty row after row 6 (or any other
row for that matter), is there any function you can use?

I tried finding out if there was a function for inserting a row, but
apparently you just use "insert..." while clicking on a row, else you
could just use that function and make it run on all sheets....

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards

Niko

--
ncikusa
ncikusa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23600

Karthik

Hi Niko

Select all the sheets where you want to insert the row or column. You
can do this by clicking the sheet tabs where you want to make change
while holding down the Ctrl Key.

Now insert the row as you normally do. The row will get inserted in all
the selected sheets.
You can do this not only of inserting or deleting cell/rows/columns but
also to enter data, formats and host of other functions across various
sheets simultaneously.

Thanks
Karthik Bhat
Bangalore

Ragdyer

Group your sheets, so that *exactly* what you do to the main sheet, is
duplicated to all the others in the group.

Click in the tab of your main sheet.
Hold <Ctrl, and click in the tabs of all the other sheets you wish to
group.
The tabs are White, and the main sheet tab is also bold.
You'll also notice that "Group" is now appended to the Sheet name in the
title bar.
If you want to group *all* the sheets in the WB, right click in the tab of
the main sheet and choose "Select All Sheets".

Now, make your changes and / or revisions.

When finished, don't forget to "Ungroup" the sheets, or you could cause
yourself a lot of trouble.
--
HTH,

RD

"ncikusa" wrote in
message ...

Hi there,

I was wondering how you can insert an empty row the same place in
different sheets at the same time...

E.g.: If you have 2 (and up, of course) sheets with the exactly same
stuff, and you want to put in an empty row after row 6 (or any other
row for that matter), is there any function you can use?

I tried finding out if there was a function for inserting a row, but
apparently you just use "insert..." while clicking on a row, else you
could just use that function and make it run on all sheets....

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards

Niko

--
ncikusa
ncikusa's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392820

Roger Govier

Hi Niko

Just click on the tab of the first sheet, hold the shift button down whilst
clicking on the tab of the last sheet you want included.
This groups the worksheets, and any action you take on one, will be applied
to all.
Click on an individual sheet again to Un-group them.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

[...]

Bryan Hessey

In the sheets tab, hold the CTRL key and select other sheets, then
Insert your row (it inserts into all selected sheets)

Un-select the other sheets before continuing.

ncikusa Wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering how you can insert an empty row the same place in
different sheets at the same time...

E.g.: If you have 2 (and up, of course) sheets with the exactly same
stuff, and you want to put in an empty row after row 6 (or any other
row for that matter), is there any function you can use?

I tried finding out if there was a function for inserting a row, but
apparently you just use "insert..." while clicking on a row, else you
could just use that function and make it run on all sheets....

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards

Niko

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392820

ncikusa

As simple as that....hah! :)

Thx man...

Best regards,

Niko

--
ncikusa
ncikusa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23600
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392820

Bryan Hessey

The things you know are always simple, . . . . . it's the other 99.998%
that escape me

Thanks for the response.

ncikusa Wrote:
As simple as that....hah! :)

Thx man...

Best regards,

Niko

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392820

ncikusa

Thanks for all the replies people :-)

Damn i love excelforum - helpful people all around :)

Regards,

Niko