AndyAnalyst

Default Calculate at the bottom of the sheet?

On one of my files at work, the word "Calculate" appears at the bottom of the
page about a 1/3 of the way next to "Ready." It is only on one file. What
does this mean? Is this something that is going to effect how the different
sheets are calculated? Thanks
barrfly

The autocalculation function has most likely been set to calculate
manually. This is an option that you can change in the tools -
options- calcualtion tab. If it a large file and takes a long time to
calculate, or if it is your preference to keep in as a manual calc file,
simply press the F9 key to manually calculate the workbook, or press
shift F9 to manually calculate the avtiveworksheet.

--
barrfly

Excel User - Energy markets
barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4141
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392484

Dave Peterson

If excel is set for manual calculation (tools|Options|calculation tab), and
you've made a change to the worksheet, then excel warns you to recalculate
before you trust the displayed values.

But there are some cases when calculate appears even when the calc mode is set
to automatic.

This is from a KB article:

XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References

....After the workbook has passed this limit, Excel no longer attempts to
recalculate only changed cells. Instead, it recalculates all cells after each
change. This behavior is by design of Microsoft Excel.

Microsoft Excel will correctly calculate all formulas. ...