cdyork

Default Viewing multiple books

If you open excel - close the default worbook and the new workbook shortcut
bar at the right then open the multiple file you need and you will be able to
switch between them as you could do before.

"Elah4" wrote:

I've been working on the same problem, working with two monitors, is
especially helpful to have separate workbooks open at the same time, to
compare, copy, paste information or to view two worksheets of the same
workbook.
The solution that I found to do this is to NOT open the first workbook in
Excel, but do it from explorer instead.
Then open the second workbook by opening Excel the normal way (I set up a
key shortcut to open it ) but thats another tip altogether.

Win XP with Excel 2003
If I can be of help directly let your email address be visible with the post.

€śexperimenting is the best way to learn.€ť It isnt all in the MS help files
but a good place to start

"Greg White" wrote:

Prior to today, when I had one work book already open, and then opened
another, I would get a separate application that would open (i.e. two excels
shown in the task bar). Now when I open the second file, it opens in the
same application and I need to go to the windows menu to choose book1 or
book2.

How do I get back to having two separate applications for each book?

Thanks!