JJ

Default formula doesn't work

Hi,

I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers.
I try to enter a formula into column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in cell
D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting problem?
--
JJ
Harald Staff

Hi JJ

Instead of
C1/B1*100
try
=C1/B1*100

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"JJ" skrev i melding

I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the

numbers.
I try to enter a formula into column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in

cell
D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting

problem?
--
JJ

JJ

i tryed =c1/d1*100 also, still doesn't work. then when I try to do this in
another station, it works. I am thinking maybe the setting is different?

thanks
--
JJ

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi JJ

Instead of
C1/B1*100
try
=C1/B1*100

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"JJ" skrev i melding

I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the

numbers.
I try to enter a formula into column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in

cell
D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting

problem?
--
JJ

Harald Staff

Is "formulas" checked in the Tools Options menu, "view" pane ? Uncheck it
if so. Anyway, all formulas start with = .

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"JJ" skrev i melding
i tryed =c1/d1*100 also, still doesn't work. then when I try to do this in
another station, it works. I am thinking maybe the setting is different?

thanks
--
JJ

"Harald Staff" wrote: