Peter Bernadyne

Default Need help with Indirect

I have a formula derived from concatenation as follows:

=CONCATENATE("OFFSET([master1.xls]x1!A1,",B2,",7)")

which gives me the result:

OFFSET([master1.xls]x1!A1,2,7)

I am trying to use INDIRECT to return the value in the cell given by
this formula by using:

=INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("OFFSET([master1.xls]x1!A1,",B2,",7)"))

However, when do this, I get a #REF! error.

I'm puzzled because the direct formula itself is:

OFFSET([master1.xls]x1!A1,2,7)

which works fine and appears identical to my concatenated result
(unless I'm missing something).

I'm pretty sure this worked for me before. Does anyone know where I'm
going wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Peter Bernadyne
Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7017

Bob Phillips

Is it not just

OFFSET([master1.xls]x1!A1,B2,7)

--

HTH

RP

"Peter Bernadyne"
<Peter.Bernadyne.1t59r1_1122998747.5523@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Peter.Bernadyne.1t59r1_1122998747.5523@excelf orum-nospam.com...

[...]

Peter Bernadyne

This is what happens when you try to overthink things.

Thanks!!