ynissel

Default Combo Box - HELP

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great. But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef
Dave Peterson

That combobox's value is text.

Maybe you could use a helper cell that points at the linked cell:
=--a1/100
Formatted nicely.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ynissel

I send this file to other users who dont necessarily have the same version
excell as I do - and this is causing an error message to appear. Can this be
overcome ?
Thanks.

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great. But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

What version of excel are they using.

If they're using xl97 or later, then this isn't the problem.

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great. But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ynissel

Im not sure of their version but it seems to be an issue.
The other issue I have is that I used the MRound function in the file and
since its an ADDIN in the analysis tool pack many users of my file get errors
! Is there a way around this without making them install the add-in ?
Thanks,
Yosef

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great. But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Regarding MROUND, you can get the same result using built in functions
but we need to know how you want to round first

Peo Sjoblom

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great.

But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places

wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format

properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ynissel

I always need to round to the nearest 1/8th.
So my function is mround(a1,.125)
Is there a built in function that can do the same thing ?
Thanks,
Yosef

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great.

But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal places

wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format

properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Yes

=ROUND(A1/0.125,0)*0.125

Peo Sjoblom

"ynissel" wrote in message
Im not sure of their version but it seems to be an issue.
The other issue I have is that I used the MRound function in the file

and
since its an ADDIN in the analysis tool pack many users of my file get

errors
! Is there a way around this without making them install the add-in

?
Thanks,
Yosef

ynissel wrote:

I have a combo box that I formatted 0.000% and it works great.

But the cell
its linked to - which is also formatted as % to 3 decimal

places
wont format
as a % - and thats a displayed cell so I need it to format

properly.

any ideas ??

Thanks,
Yosef

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ynissel

Perfect - thanks so much !!
Any thoughts on why my conbo box formatting isnt working on some people's
machines ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Yes

=ROUND(A1/0.125,0)*0.125